Tuesday, March 1, 2011

BRRR Its getting cold again!

If the temperature keeps dropping we probably won't go out for recess, but you need to make sure your children enough outer wear to keep them warm even in their Pajamas! One student asked today if they HAVE to wear pajamas and I explained that it was an earned treat and no one had to if they didn't want to. He was concerned about not wearing his Pajamas to an after school activity, so I suggested he could either skip Pajamas or bring a change of clothes and change in the bathroom before dismissal. We do not want children spending half the day in the bathroom changing for each recess and for lunch but we will allow one change if they are worried about being comfortable in their pajamas. Please help them select something that is easy for them to put on and off themselves. Thanks!

We had so much fun with Math today, both in the calendar change over and in money math! We've been talking about pennies and nickels and today dimes! I promised the children I'd find out what plants were on the back of the dime as well as the torch in the middle. There is an olive branch to the left and an oak branch to the right.The back reads, "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "E PLURIBUS UNUM"; which means, "Out of many, one".

Those of you who ordered book order in Feb. I apologize for forgetting about them this Friday. The paper order will go out tomorrow and hopefully we will get them by next week. I will get the March ones ready to come home in Thursday folders. I went ahead and sent the lunch menu's home today. Probably could have sent the PTA notice, but forgot about them stored up by the returned folders.

Well, I better get to bed so that I am rested and ready to enjoy
Dr. Seuss' birthday with the children tomorrow in my pajamas, too!
Stay warm everyone!
Sincerely, Mrs. Clapper

No comments:

Post a Comment