Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Two hundred Fifty compliment Tuesday!

We had such a perfect Kindergarten day today. Even when we ran out of time for centers at the end of the day, no one complained! We love the spring weather getting to go outside EVERY recess and even taking our coats off this afternoon!

We really enjoyed 'Abuela" even though Mrs. Clapper stumbled over quite a few of the Spanish words. They do have a glossary in the back and the boys and girls were very patient while I flipped back and forth to at least get the syllable right! I am hoping Mrs. Hansen can get more of the words pronounced correctly in the 2nd visit to the story. We learned that many of our words are Spanish words, like patio, rodeo, banana, and mango.

We reread our thank you notes to Kanalu's father and are going to make patriotic pictures to go in our thank you book!

We got to see our seeds sprout by taking them out of the paper towel and repositioning them on the outside of the towel, but still inside the bags so we can watch them without opening them.

I am going to work on conference slips tonight and you will get a bright green half sheet that tells when we get to meet with you at the end of this month! The children have all grown in their reading and math skills so we look forward to sharing their progress with you!

Monday I am traveling back from St. Paul, MN so Mrs. Hanel will be our guest teacher. Kindergarten is her favorite grade level and I am sure the children will love her! I will let Mrs. Hansen do the Thursday letter this week, but want to introduce the reading part:
We are starting a new Reading Unit called GOING PLACES.
We'll be discussing different ways people & things get from here to there.
The letters of the week will be Jj and W.
Show and tell gets to be two items; one starting with J and one with W!

I hope everyone who reads this, tells their child that they love hearing how well we worked together to learn today! We read, we wrote, we played with solid shapes and learned to call them spheres, cylinders, cubes and cones in Math, and enjoyed our friends at centers and recess. Life is good at Meadowlark, in Room 7!

Sincerely, Mrs. Clapper



No comments:

Post a Comment