Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday the Last Day of February 2011

Today was a marvelous Monday. We had a guest teacher for P.E. and found lots of "Gg" words. We did rush through the little book "How Many?" that came home today. So it might be good for you to have your child read it to you. As I looked in the mailboxes I realized that quite a few students did not empty their boxes before going home. So they won't have it until tomorrow. We also cut up the sentences I had written to tell what they brought for 100's day Have them put it together for you and enjoy it one last time.
We are excited for the new month to start and find out where we sit tomorrow with March starting on a Tuesday! This is a really good learning month with all full weeks of school until the Early out days at the end for Parent Teacher conferences. Please help your child get lots of sleep so we can learn at our maximum level all month long! Then Mrs. Hansen and I will have wonderful progress to report at the end of March.
The PTA notice will come home in Thursday envelopes this week. We have such a wonderful supportive parent group. I hope you consider getting involved.
Last but foremost in the children's mind is pajama day. Some were asking if they could bring their pillow pets. I said it would be OK as long as they can still learn and not distract the other children from learning by horsing around too much. It will be a fun day celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday in our pajamas!
Have a nice evening, Sincerely, Mrs. Clapper

No comments:

Post a Comment