And the following week, even though I said NO show and tell with the short week, I think we are going to make Tuesday April 19th "Qq" day and everyone can bring something that starts with "Qq". Each time we talk about 'q' in class, we are going to say "Never write a q without a u! even though there are not too many times they will be writing words that start with "qu".
Mr. Croff is really wanting us all to focus on our respect and manners. It seems like there has been an outbreak of misbehavior and we want to nip it in the bud and focus on the positive. This week the manner is Expect the Best from Yourself. We will be talking about this one each time they are behaving and misbehaving to help them see that this is not just abot academic behavior but also being the best person you can be all around!
Tomorrow is Mrs. Bartsch's first afternoon with the children. She is working on a letter that introduces herself to you. It will be in the Thursday folders, unless she sends it home tomorrow. it's always a good thing to check your child's backpack every day. Today they brought home last week's Reader Writer Notebook pages as well as their March art. Have them read about when they feel lucky to you!
One last thing; I am not going to be in town for the carnival on Friday. To lend my support, I bought some tickets and will give each child 4 tickets in their Thursday Folders. I hope you can come enjoy this wonderful family fun night that benefits our school in many ways.
Have a nice evening,
Mrs. Clapper
No comments:
Post a Comment