We apologize for not getting on here yet this week. I did try once on Tuesday and got a strange message about malware so I shut it down quickly and wrote to Mrs. Hansen. She couldn't find anything wrong and it looks like it's working well tonight.
So I'll start a short description of the start of our week. I only get 1/2 of a day with them this week as I went on a short trip with my parents.
Tuesday morning we started the unit on transportation around the world and practiced everything we could about the letters V and Z. One of the things we are talking about is our zipcode. Please help your child learn his/her address and zipcode. Since it's "z: week we are trying to use the word 'zero' instead of the letter '0' when we talk about number 0. Our friend, Zero the Hero, holds the place when there aren't any straws in our days we have been at school calendar.
The Big Book "On the Move" was bright, colorful and informative. We also heard amazing things about our star student, Orion including that he was named after a constellation! In Math we are working on the concept of one fewer and two fewer. You probably saw a worksheet with more than on one side and fewer than on the other. Playing number game with your child will reinforce these two valuable concepts.
Tuesday afternoon there was also an assembly on an upcoming blood drive. We are hosting a United Services Blood Drive next Tuesday afternoon from 2-6pm. Our school attended a brief assembly about this, please ask your child to share what they learned and look for postcards to be coming home if you wish to donate blood. The school that gets the most donations earns $500.00 for the school!
Mrs. Bartsch and I are getting things ready for Mother's Day and our visit to the Farm in May. A new calendar and lunch menu will come home tomorrow, so check those Thursday folders! Mrs. Bartsch has an exciting surprise in Science for Friday, so be sure to ask your child what was new in school that day!
I haven't had time to teach Mrs. Bartsch about this blog, but hope to soon. Have a nice end of April, I hear we are going to get those April Showers that I hope bring lots of May flowers!
Sincerely, Mrs. Clapper
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment