We had so much fun reading Old MacDonald Had a Toolshop that it helped the children take the disappointing news of a cancelled Farm Trip much better than I expected. Then as it started drying out today, I am questioning our decision to cancel but I always second guess things like that.
We talked about a variety of tools, both that a carpenter would use and the tools we use at school. The children enjoyed the online song called 'If I were a builder" to the tune of "If I had a hammer". We used Mrs. Hansen's computer and found all sorts of fun songs and activities to do related to our reading series. Later the children drew what they would make if they were building something. I saved them to assess how much they label and write about their pictures, but you will get them home by the end of the year.
I better close now, but please check backpacks tomorrow. As we are sending home Thursday folders on Wednesday so that everyone gets the news about not going on the field trip in three ways - email - Blog - and written as a reminder on the newletter that comes home in the folder. (4 if your child told you about it)
Have a good rest of the week!
Sincerely, Carol Clapper
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment