Friday, May 20, 2011
Fish, Fish, Fish
Dear parents, I was not here yesterday because my mom had surgery. It was a minor surgery, but she had a small complication that my sister and I needed to help monitor. She is better now; but I missed being with the class. In the last two days the substitute and I have middle phonics sound a and i, and beginning sounds. We reviewed the story Old MacDonald had a Woodshop, and discussed plot and characters, and vocabulary from the story. In math we worked on regrouping and subtraction. In science we discussed whales and the fish they eat in the sea. Today we made awesome pillow fish. This was a big day of art. It was a fun thing we did because we missed the farm. The class had to cooperate A LOT!!! I was so proud of them. They had to cut out their fish, then stuff their fish, and then paint and glitter their fish. We did this in stages. This takes a lot of concentration. I was so proud of them for being good listeners, working kindly together, having self-control, and being so creative with their fish. Have a Great weekend. Sincerely Mrs. BArtsch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment