Monday, November 29, 2010

Last Monday in November

We had another wonderful day at school! We enjoyed a long recess in the afternoon with sunshine, snow and friends who shared and helped each other. A few children were disappointed that they could not play on the snowbanks because they did not have their snowpants. So please help them remember them for tomorrow. This snow is so much fun!!!

We got ready for the big book "Jack and the Beanstock" with the unusual,amazing Words of :
beanstalk, lad, lend, magic, naughty, and orge.
Maybe it was talking about the word naughty that helped them be so good today. It was great to start out "Nn" week with no one being naughty! In fact everyone was so well behaved that we earned the last 4 compliments and are at 100 for the year! I promised to bring cupcakes to celebrate! I am trying to get the December calendar done to go home tomorrow, so it's going to be a busy night. Just in case I don't have time to do both cupcakes and the calendar you need to know more about Friday night.

Today we practiced our song and dance for the Holiday Palooza this Friday night, Dec. 3rd at 7:00. This is not mandatory, but looks to be a really fun evening. The activities start at 6:00 and Kindergartners need to be gathering with Mrs. Hansen and Mrs. Blakeslee in the Music room about 6:50 to get ready for our performance. Before or after our song and dance, be sure to go to Mrs. Gibson's room for the Kick off for a fabulous reading program and your child can get a free book! I will be in Utah visiting my granddaughter otherwise I'd love to be there! Students can also make a special Christmas card, and listen to Santa reading Christmas stories. Cookies and cocoa will top off a fun evening at school, a gift from our wonderful PTA.

I better go, so that i can get ready for the rest of what looks to be GREAT week of learning and having fun at school!
Sincerely,
Mrs. Clapper

No comments:

Post a Comment