Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday the 20th

We had a marvelous Monday! We started out with math manipulatives and practiced making patterns. Then introduced the new amazing words that include groceries, which everyone is familiar with and market which many of the children were unsure of what it meant. We talked about how it is kind of an old fashion word for a grocery story or place to get food. It was great when all of the children remembered their tennis shoes for P.E. Mrs. Edgmond had a guest teacher named Mr. Hart. The retired kindergarten teacher who used to teach right next door is on call for when my daughter has her baby. Mrs. Mettler came in to meet the children the second week of school. I am sure they will enjoy her while I am gone. Unless the baby comes early, I will leave after school on Wednesday and be gone Sept. 27, 28 and 29th. We also caught quite a few boys and girls being kind, helpful and respectful today! I am sure they will be extra helpful when Mrs. Mettler is our guest teacher.
If you hear your child talking about 2 o'clock, we havent' started studying time, yet but are making lots of o's. To learn how to form the letter "o" properly we looked at the face of a clock and saw where the 2 is. Then we pushed up to the 12 and around counterclock wise back around to the two. We will be practicing that all year as we make o's and g's and a's and d's and even q's!
We also started a new workbook called "My Number Book" and worked on making the numeral one saying "top to bottom, now you're done. One is Fun!"
I hope your child is having as much fun as I am this year!
Sincerely, Mrs. Carol Clapper

No comments:

Post a Comment